A chocolatey twist to the traditional Indian vermicilli kheer /pudding for Diwali.
I made this dessert for Asda’s Diwali Flavours Fiesta . It is creamy, rich and smooth dessert. I topped it with dried rose petals and white chocolate pieces. It was a super hit !
Creamy Chocolate Vermicelli Pudding
- 1 ltr milk
- 1 cup vermicelli – roasted, broken into rough 2” pieces
- 3 tbsp sugar or as per taste
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- 100g milk chocolate, roughly chopped and melted
- ½ tsp cardamom powder
- 1 tbsp almonds, chopped
- 1 tbsp pistachios, chopped
- Rose petals (optional)
- White chocolate buttons for garnish
- Heat a heavy based pan and add milk.
- Once the milk has boiled, add melted chocolate and cocoa powder. Let it boil for a further 2 minutes.
- Turn the heat to medium. Add the roasted vermicelli to the milk and cook on medium heat for 10-15 minutes, or until the vermicelli is soft. Keep stirring.
- Add sugar and cardamom powder, then cook for 5 minutes. Keep stirring.
- Remove from heat, mix well and set aside to cool.
- Pour into serving glasses and garnish with chopped pistachios and almonds.