Super easy spicy tandoori chicken tacos.
This week I am teaming up with Ayesha from mybigfathalalblog.com to share some healthy, yet tasy dishes for Ramadan. These 20-minute tacos make for a great snack or a quick weeknight meal when served with tortillas.
Today’s recipe is a delightful combination of Mexican and South Asian flavours coming together to make this a tasty and fun dish. This recipe has all the flavours and none of the stress.
200 gms Chicken boneless pieces
Tacos – Ready made from supermarket (pack of 12 tacos)
For the Marinade:
- 1/2 cup Natural yogurt
- 2 Tbsp Tandoori Masala (dry red powder available in Asian supermarkets)
- 1 Tbsp Fresh ground ginger paste
- 1 Tbsp Freshly ground garlic paste
- ¼ tsp Cumin powder
- ½ tsp Garam masala
- ½ tsp Chilli powder
- Juice of half a lemon
- Salt and black pepper
- 1Tbsp Vegetable oil
For the masala:
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp Ginger and garlic paste
- 2 Green chillies finely chopped
- Handful of coriander leaves finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp Vegetable Oil for cooking
- Marinate the chicken pieces for 30 minutes or longer if you have time
- Take a pan, add the oil after the pan is hot. Then add the chopped onions and sauté until golden brown.
- Add the garlic and ginger paste and sauté for a few minutes
- Now add the chicken pieces, one at time and cook over high heat
- You can also add 3-4 Tablespoons of the marinade to give it a thickish gravy
- Cook for 10-15 minutes until the liquid evaporates. Keep mixing the chicken so that it doesn’t stick to the pan;
- Add the coriander leaves
Putting it together
Assemble the tacos and add the garnish of your choice
I served the Tacos with a green coriander chutney